Almost like clockwork every year, I start hearing about Old Man Winter from home buyers and potential home sellers:
- I'm waiting till Spring and will sell when the market is hot
- No one is buying a home this time of year
- No one buys homes during the holidays
- I'll wait to shop when all the good homes hit the market in the Spring
- I'm waiting to sell when I can get the highest price in the Spring
- Etc., etc., etc., etc., Honestly - this list does go on forever, but you get the gist of it...
Is any of this true? Are these people just believing the hype or do they have a legitimate point?
Well - maybe they are right if they came from a Northern state or a state that experiences heavy climate change during the winter causing more…