Our 2016 Local Jacksonville Real Estate Market Predictions
About every year I make predictions for the upcoming year, and like every year past... some are obvious and some are a little more "out there". So without further delay:
- Prices are going up in the under $250k category.
- We see houses that were $140k a year ago and are now $170k+
- Well priced homes are selling in days, not months.
- Multiple offers are common under $200k when priced aggressively from the date of initial listing.
- Mortgage rates are going up. Duh.
- Fed fund rate already increased by a quarter point in late December 2015.
- Projections from most economists point towards a consistent and slow increase.
- Deals are available when buying! ....in the