Reports of inventory (amount of homes on the market available for purchase) creeping up locally and around the country are legitimate, but we still need homes on the market. I don't go 1 day without a fellow REALTOR commenting on not being able to find one or several of their current Buyer customers a good house. It seems to be the topic of the quarter.
How is the Jacksonville Housing Market?
or to ask a different way,
Is now a good time to buy a home in Jacksonville?
Absolutely now is a good time! According to this recent report by one of Trulia's housing economist. Jacksonville is 14% undervalued! Even with the increase in purchasing, even with the increase in Median purchase price, we are still below value. So this continues to be a great time to shop and buy a home in Jacksonville FL.
Is now a good time to sell a home in Jacksonville?
Well, seeing the 14% undervalued housing market in Jacksonville, you may think "No". But the answer is really..... it depends on several things. Your personal situation is the most important factor, ie. do you NEED to move? Another important point as mentioned earlier, there are just not enough homes on the market, so your competition is much lower at the moment. And lastly, is your home in premium condition? If it is, you can get a premium price in any market.
A few homes I'm looking to add to my listing inventory for buyers I'm working with:
- San Marco, 4 bedroom, with pool. Beautiful, finished, no updates needed. I need SEVERAL OF THESE!
- Waterfront, Waterfront, Waterfront. I have multiple buyers looking for quality, updated waterfront homes in better areas throughout town.
- Beachfront "tear downs" from Ponte Vedra thru Atlantic Beach.
- Pool homes in Mandarin, San Jose area, 4 bedrooms.
- Hampton Park, Deerwood, Deercreek, Timberlin Park, Oxford Chase, and East Hampton. I have buyers for these houses.
- Houses built from 2000 to newer, under $250k. I work with several large investor groups that are cash buying these as fast as I can bring their representatives the listing.
If you have a home that matches one of these, or you'd like to discuss selling, please contact me ASAP!
Thank you in advance for Sharing!
Give us a call at 904-234-5196 if we can help you buy or sell real estate in Jacksonville, FL.
Leave a Comment
Listing information last updated on October 20th, 2019 at 8:23pm EDT.