Jacksonville Florida Lifestyle
When shopping for a new home in Jacksonville, FL, one major consideration is your lifestyle. Any house will be made your home, however your lifestyle is affected by the neighborhood and location in Jacksonville or Ponte Vedra. A few lifestyle considerations:
- Family: If you have family in the area, you may want to live as close to them as possible. Family gatherings, Sunday dinners, Birthday parties, child sitting, etc, is all easier when you are closer to the fam.
- Beach/Ocean: Jacksonville residents live so close to what so many pay dearly to come and see. The beach is a great attraction and a great place for family and friends. Want to walk to the beach, ride a bike to the beach, or be a short drive?
- Golf: Most avid golfers would always choose a golf neighborhood or proximity to golf courses as a major decision factor in what home you should purchase. If you or your spouse are always on the course, consider a golf neighborhood in Jacksonville.
- Boating/Fishing: Residents of Jacksonville are lucky in the amount of water within the city. Ocean, Intracoastal, and the St Johns River all interconnect and provide endless amounts of fishing, skiing, and boating. If you are a water person like me, find something close to an access point. Better yet, find a waterfront home if the budget provides.
- Country Club: Social, Tennis, Golf, and activities are endless at Jacksonville's country clubs. If you want the country club lifestyle, you have plenty of choices with price ranges all across the board. Find the clubs you like the most and you should have a broad range of prices to consider.
- Shopping: Can't leave this one out. We live within 5 minutes to the Town Center. My wife would tell you that's not close enough.
- Commute: Most of us work. Most of us have to travel to an office. Commute time should always be consider when shopping for a new home.
- Active Adult: Several communities within Jacksonville have an Active Adult status. These are for home owners of 55 years or older who enjoy an endless supply of social activities and an endless supply of new friends. Walking through an Active Adult community in Jacksonville at 5 o'clock resembles a happy hour as the residents are all out enjoying cocktails with their neighbors.
- Education: If you have a family full of school age children like myself, school districts are crucial in making a decision. School reports are very easy to come by. You can check them here.
Thank you in advance for Sharing!
Give us a call at 904-234-5196 if we can help you buy or sell real estate in Jacksonville, FL.
Leave a Comment
Listing information last updated on April 23rd, 2019 at 9:53am EDT.