If you are trying to decide when is the appropriate time to put your home on the market, my answer is simple: As soon as possible....just after Christmas!
Traditionally, Spring was a great time to list your home for sale, however that's in a more normal real estate market. In this market, you need to think like a buyer is thinking.
This is what home buyers are thinking:
- Prices have bottomed out, and I want to buy before they start going up.
- Sellers are desperate to sell and will take low ball offers.
- If there is ever a time to get a great deal, now is the time.
- Interest rates are starting to rise and I want to lock in a low rate.
- There is so much to choose from, I can hand pick a great home and get a great deal.
I'm sure there are more thoughts to be added to the list above, but these are mainstream thought patterns that I hear from most home shoppers.
So why is this good for you, the home owner who needs to sell? No matter which bullet point above, the buyer's have decided to start shopping for a home. If you need/want to sell, the home has to be on the market when the buyers are in the market. Forget about "low ball offers" and "bottom feeders". We would get those in any market. If we have a buyer who gets attached enough to make an offer, we will put together a deal that makes both sides happy.
Thinking of selling your Jacksonville or Ponte Vedra home? Work with a true professional who knows how to market your home for sale and get it sold. Meet Brad.
Thank you in advance for Sharing!
Give us a call at 904-234-5196 if we can help you buy or sell real estate in Jacksonville, FL.
Leave a Comment
Listing information last updated on June 25th, 2019 at 10:08am EDT.