Gated Communities in Jacksonville FL
Florida must be home of the gated community! Many, if not most, of the master planned communities that were built after the mid 90's in Jacksonville are often gated communities. Why is this so popular? Once gated, the community roads and sidewalks become owned by the community, therefore they can better control the look and appeal of the entire community. Typically - these communities are well landscaped with social and sports amenities like pools, clubhouses, tennis courts, etc. Here is a list of Gated Communities in Jacksonville FL.
Jacksonville Gated Communities - Popular List
This is by no means an all inclusive list. We are always adding to this list, but these are some of the most popular gated communities within Jacksonville.
GATED COMMUNITIES IN JACKSONVILLE
Benefits of Living in a Jacksonville Gated Community
- Restricted Access: Major benefit is the restricted access into the gated community. You'll either need a gate code to open the gates or you'll be speaking with the guard at the front gate. Less solicitors going door to door, and less overall traffic within the neighborhood.
- Upscale look and feel: Overall, you'll find a more upscale environment with gated communities. Why? - there is a cost to having the gates, and that cost is passed on to the home owners which have all agreed to pay the up-charge for the gated community.
- Resort style amenities: Most of the gated communities have very nice amenities reaching well beyond just the monster pools in many of these neighborhoods. You'll often find sports fields including soccer, basketball, baseball, outdoor roller hockey, and open sports fields. You'll also find fitness facilities, clubhouses, and gathering spaces. The playgrounds are top notch as well.
- Privacy factor: Gated communities are typically much more private due to the gates. (see restricted access above). Even getting your friends and family into the community is often a task, so you can almost forget about "drop by's" from your family and friends.
- Community Events: Typically most of the gated communities have active social schedules including a continual list of community events. These events are throughout the year and are often around different holidays.
- Social Environment: While gated communities have a level of privacy, the residents are often very social within the community. You'll see daily gatherings at the playground and swimming pool, multiple parties going on at private residences within the community on any given day, and groups and clubs are formed around common interest.
Home Values in Gated Communities around Jacksonville FL
Will home values in a gated community appreciate faster? Short answer: No. Home values rise and decline based on many factors, and one of those major factors are based on LOCATION. If a community of any kind is in a hot location where demand continues to rise, that community should absolutely appreciate faster than other areas of town that have neutral or declining demand. It's supply and demand... Often times, gated communities are in developed in hot locations, so there is almost always good demand for those homes. In addition to location, there is always a market for homes that are within gated communities due to the privacy factor.
Fees To Live in a Gated Neighborhood in Jacksonville FL
Fees range from just a few hundred dollars per year to a few hundreds per month. Much depends on the overall community amenities. Obviously, the more amenities available, the higher the fees. Much also depends on the number of residents available to spread the cost over the home owners.
Selling Your Home in a Jacksonville Gated Community
When you are ready to sell your home in one of Jacksonville's gated communities, you will need to seek out an agent who understands how to market your home. (Have you met Brad?) There are some unique challenges that come with selling a home within a gated community with the biggest being access....due to the restricted entrance. You'll get less "drive by's" who see the home and call, but instead you will get more appointments for showing.... which in our view is fantastic. Not to say that agents are showing nearby homes within the community and they run across your listing, want to show it, and call for an almost immediate appointment - that does happen, but it happens much less than in non-gated communities. Make sure your selected listing agent knows how to market a home to the right potential clientele, and has systems set up to handle the appointments and tracking of the agents who will be showing your home within your gated neighborhood.
More Information on Jacksonville Gated Communities and Neighborhoods