The Tabby House is located at 27 South 7th Street at the corner of Ash Street. It is the only house in Fernandina dating from this period to be constructed of tabby. It was built in 1885 by C. W. Lewis, U. S. Land Commissioner and later postmaster. The architect was R. S. Schuyler. The irregularity of outline, use of the rounded arch and elaborate balustrades add to the uniqueness of the structure. The Tabby House is individually cited in the National Register of Historic Places. In 1885 the courtyard was used as a horse & carriage turnaround and could possibly be used as additional parking for potential Bed & Breakfast. There are many more rooms, although not designated as bedrooms they could be used to accommodate additional guests.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of the Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service, Inc. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than RE/MAX Specialists are marked with the listing broker's name and detailed information about such listings includes the name of the listing brokers. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
©2020 Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on October 22nd, 2020 at 4:23pm EDT.