Selling Your Jacksonville, FL Area Home
Selling your Jacksonville area home involves much more than just putting a sign in the yard and going to the closing. As your REALTOR®, we are here to help you prepare your home for the market, market your home, and guide you through the sale process to ensure your home is sold in a timeline that's suitable to you and you receive the highest price for your home that the market will bear.
It would be great if we could just stick a sign in your yard, find a buyer tomorrow, and head off to closing by next week. However, that's just not the way it usually works. Instead you'll need a professional REALTOR® to help guide you through the process.
To sell your home, we will:
- Go over the selling process in real world language without all the industry technical jargon.
- Perform an analysis on the market, so you can see how your home will compare to the competition.
- Decide on both a list price and a target sale price.
- Make sure your home's listing is marketed to the maximum number of buyers in the market for a home.
- Communicate with you throughout the entire process, so that you know what's happening with the marketing and sale of your home.
- Bring you a purchase agreement as soon as we get an offer on the home, and help you through the process of negotiating, working through contingencies, inspections, and finally closing the transaction.
What Affects a Home's Ability To Sell?
Price: If you ask too much, you will most likely be waiting a lot longer before the home sells. It may take a very long time to find a person willing to pay more than the home is actually worth, or you may just have to wait until the market prices rise enough to catch up to your price.
Condition: The majority of Buyers in the Jacksonville area want a home that is in tip top condition. However, I estimate that fewer than 30% of all homes are in top condition. To sell fast and for top dollar, your home must be in absolute top condition OR you must account for the lack of condition with a lower asking price.
Financing: If you are extremely restrictive on your potential buyer's financing options, you will definitely have to sit on the market longer. The more options you are willing to accept like FHA and VA, the more marketable your home will be to more potential buyers.
Time: If you have a specific time frame to have your home sold and moved out, you'll have to be aware of your listing price to your time frame goals. If you over price, you wait, if you under price - you'll move much more quickly. Finding a balance is the key to getting the most that the market will bear and moving within your own time frame.
The Asking Price for Your Home
To get the highest price that the market will bear for your home, your REALTOR® will consider:
- The price of homes that have recently sold in your area and how similar those homes are to your home.
- The asking price of current competition around and near your home.
- The terms, conditions, and pricing that is in line with your area that will appeal to the types of buyers that would be in the market for a home in your area.
The Local Facts You Must Know:
- 1 out of every 3 homes listed for sale in Jacksonville in 2013 DID NOT SELL!
- 5,328 Jacksonville homes listed for sale in 2013 DID NOT SELL!
- 3 out of 4 REALTORS are PART TIME!
- Average REALTOR in Jacksonville sells ONLY 3 homes per year!!
In Summary of these FACTS: Hiring the wrong REALTOR could cost you thousands of LOST dollars or worse, could keep you from selling your home at all! If this has already happened to you, not to worry - We can sell it!