by Brad Officer
on Monday, July 25th, 2016 at 4:36pm.
As a home owner, it's often difficult to figure out which direction to go when selling your home. You probably know a handful of Realtors in Jacksonville and may even be close friends with a few. That can make the decision of who to choose when looking to sell your house very difficult. In fact, we've run into situations where home owners have called us to ask if we could sell their home without agent XYZ finding out (which is near impossible). ....mostly because they don't want to hurt the agent's feelings.
IF you were choose the wrong agent, several possible consequences could be the result:
1. The wrong Realtor could leave WAY too much money on the table.
2. The wrong Realtor could take too long to sell and cost you more in added monthly carrying cost of the home.
3. The wrong Realtor could result in you NOT getting the home sold in this ridiculously HOT SELLERS market!
Proof that this is happening in Jacksonville: In the last 12 months, over 8700 homes listed for sale in our local Multiple Listing Service DID NOT SELL.
SELLING YOUR HOME IS A BUSINESS TRANSACTION!
It is vital that you treat your home sale as a business transaction if you want to maximize the results when selling one of your biggest assets. The Officer Group has a dedicated listing arm to our business. We use modern marketing to target the correct potential home shoppers which raises your homes listing awareness in the marketplace and insures we receive the highest possible sale price.
Here is how this home sold for top dollar in 6 days:
1. Home Owner's Involvement: The home owners took responsibility for the condition of the home. They took our list of "must dos" and had those items corrected which included minor paint touch ups and minor maintenance. They also cleaned this home like crazy to make sure the home was in tip top condition inside and out. Check out that entry! Overall, they had pride of ownership.
2. Pre-Launch Staging: We brought in a professional home stager to help re-arrange some things. The stager spends about an hour in the house getting ideas, taking notes, and making changes. Later the stager provides a to do list, and the Seller agreed to have all items completed. This is mostly just moving around furniture and removing items that aren't needed... but a professional can make ALL the difference here. (Officer Group pays for this)
3. Professional Photography: We bring in our professional photographer to get the home's story in pictures. The photographer knows how to pull the best features of the home into the correct frame, which maximizes interest in each photograph. (Officer Group pays for this)
4. Professional Videography: For a home like this, we'd normally do a video with Brad as our host introducing us to the home, but the home owners had such a fun and cool view of their home and neighborhood, we wanted to capture that instead. (Officer Group pays for this)
5. Listing Launch: We have a full plan for launching a new listing that helps us to insure success. This is a specific plan, and even involves what days we list properties... nothing is left up to chance!
6. Massive Marketing campaign: We launched our full marketing campaign to bring attention to the new listing and the open house. The goal here is to raise immediate awareness of the home in the marketplace, but especially targeting home buyers who'd be in the market in that area of town... Highly selective and concentrated.
7. Open House - BIG! We blow it out for the open house with signage stretching quite a distance. We staff the Open House with multiple agents who are all trained to work with incoming home shoppers, spirited neighbors, and the infamous deal shoppers. The more the merrier as our open houses provide "social proof" that the home will be of interest to quite a few home shoppers.
8. Secret Sauce! We have some secret sauce that we won't share here. All designed to help home owners get the top dollar for their homes in the shortest amount of time. (we can't give away all our secrets!)
Are you thinking about selling your home?
DO NOT leave it to chance. DO NOT leave it to an amateur. DO NOT trust your biggest asset to a rookie. DO NOT feel obligated to list with a friend.
Professional Agent = Professional Results
We'd love to chat...
Thank you in advance for Sharing!
Give us a call at 904-234-5196 if we can help you buy or sell real estate in Jacksonville, FL.