7 Tips to Sell a Home in a Buyer's Market
- Expectations: Set them appropriately. Homes take longer to sell in this market, but they ARE selling. Is your home waterfront? Waterfront homes in Jacksonville are always in demand, but competition is higher so set those expectations towards longer times on the market.
- Professional Jacksonville Real Estate Agent: Find one (like me). Hire them to List your home for sale, but make sure they have a marketing and selling plan that works! By the way, I'm backed by RE/MAX Specialists........"No one sells more homes than RE/MAX"
- Pricing: Be realistic about pricing. Forget about what the homes are priced for around your home, it only matters what they are actually selling for. Price it lower! There is nothing better or stickier than a low priced house! Remember - you want to sell it, not show it for the next year and a half.
- Target Marketing: Not your problem! Your Jacksonville Real Estate Agent should be in charge of this! However, it is important to know the trends on who is buying Jacksonville Real Estate and how to Target your Potential Buyers.
- Curb Appeal: It's time to actually put in the work. Weed & Feed, Flowers, Mulch, Window Cleaning, etc. Make it look incredible. If you need help, just Google "Curb Appeal".
- Interior: De-Clutter everything! Ditch the nik-naks. Neutral colors, base board touch ups, Carpet cleaned or replaced, Garage cleaned out & floors painted, etc. Clean-Clean-Clean!
- Negotiate: Don't turn down an offer, negotiate. Remember, buyers want a deal so expect low offers. A low offer on your home doesn't mean the buyers don't respect you or your house, it's just part of selling in a Buyer's Market. Think like a Buyer.
Need to sell, but find yourself upside down in value? We have a Short Sale team available...learn more here.Posted by Brad Officer on